There are several ways to install fonts on Windows 7. Here are step-by-step instructions. Keep in mind that you must be an Administrator on the target machine to install fonts.
The easiest way to install a font is to double-click on a font file to open the font preview and select Install.
You can also right-click on a font file, and then select Install.
Another option is to install fonts with the Fonts Control Panel. Follow these steps to open the Fonts Control Panel.
1. Select Control Panel from the Start menu, then select the Appearance and Personalization category.
2. Select Fonts
3. Drag a font file and drop it into the Fonts Control Panel.
Note: if you receive an error message make sure the font file is
not compressed (it should not have a zipper icon). Also, make sure
you have Administrator privileges (Control Panel/User Accounts).
To install a TrueType or OpenType font on Windows Vista, right-click on the font file and then select 'nstall. You can also drag or paste a font into the Fonts Control Panel.
Note: In Windows Vista if you double-click on a font the 'Install'
button is not available in the font preview. This is a new feature in
To add a new font to your computer:
1. From the Start menu select Control Panel, then select the Appearance and Themes category.
2. Select Fonts from the See Also panel at the left of this screen.
3. On the File menu, select Install New Font...
4. Click the drive and folder that contain the fonts you want to add.
5. To select more than one font to add, press and hold down the <CTRL> key, click the fonts you want, then click on OK.
For further information, please visit the Microsoft Website website: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/TrueTypeInstall.mspx
Welsh and celtic fonts and celtic patterns - click for more information
by e-mail, telephone or by posting a cheque or official order to:
MEU Cymru, 57 Beulah Road, Rhiwbina, CARDIFF CF14 6LU
Tel/Fax: 029 20 628300